Mark 16:15

And He said to them, "Go into all the world and preach the gospel to all creation." -Mark 16:15

3.15.2017

Identity in Christ

Sometimes I feel inadequate. Like I'm not good enough. I'm sure I'm not the only one that has thought about this. We can have others tell us that this isn't true; however, the only way to feel adequate is to truly find our identity in Christ and in nowhere else. Galatians 2:20 says, "I have been crucified with Christ. It is no longer I who live, but Christ who lives in me. And the life I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me."

When we commit our lives to Christ, we put our identity in Him. In His power. In His wisdom. In His love. If you put your identity in your activities, your intelligence, or your achievements, you're probably right: you will never be good enough. Our world's standards are impossible to meet. But when we put our identity in God, we will always be good enough.

I often reflect back on a verse I stumbled upon 4 years ago. "But who are you, O man, to answer back to God? Will what is molded say to its molder, 'Why have you made me like this?'" Sometimes we question God and why He made us the way we are. However, Romans 9:20 puts us back in our place. Who are we to question our Maker? He is almighty, He is all-knowing, and He is love.

He created us each with a purpose. And because He is omniscient, we shouldn't have any reason to question Him in this. Having your identity in Christ means you trust Him with your life and eternity. Your identity is actually one of the core parts to your Christianity. I always thought that my identity could be something I struggled with, but it's more. This is a crucial area of faith. Because when I doubt my identity, I'm not doubting myself. I'm doubting God. I'm not trusting fully in Him.

Finding your identity in Christ helps you to pursue God in all you do, rather than pursuing desire of your own sinful flesh. My life and accomplishments will always fail me. They will never fulfill me. But God can and will always fulfill me.

Who I am in Christ...

No comments:

Post a Comment