Mark 16:15

And He said to them, "Go into all the world and preach the gospel to all creation." -Mark 16:15

3.01.2017

He Will Provide

As I plan my future, it doesn't always look the brightest. With the rising prices of college and law school, I somewhat expect to be in mountains of debt. It hard to admit it, but it's difficult to trust God with this.

We're all used to hearing the typical, "God will provide." It becomes old to us, and sometimes it becomes hard to believe. And as tough as it is for me to even convince myself of it, it still rings true. Luke 12:24-25 says,
"Consider the ravens: they neither sow nor reap, they have neither storehouse nor barn, and yet God feeds them. Of how much more value are you than the birds! And which of you by being anxious can add a single hour to his span of life?"
God cares for us and He will always provide. He goes even further to question why we have worries and anxieties about His providence. Even when it may be hard to trust Him, it is always best to. Worrying gets us nowhere.

However, Matthew 6:33 helps us set our priorities straight. "But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things will be added to you." We shouldn't focus on the money. Instead, we should continue to seek Him and His righteousness. It's His job to provide.

I always worry. It's easy to worry. But that isn't what I'm called to do. I'm called to trust. A lot of times, I can't see what God is doing in my life. Sometimes when He doesn't provide ahead of time, I assume He won't provide. However, God doesn't always provide in our time. He provides in His time.

Trusting in His provision isn't easy, especially with big amounts of money. But what is money anyways? Everything on this Earth is His--including our wealth. Our worldly status and wealth isn't what will matter one day. It's seeking Him. It's always seeking Him. Trust that He will provide--because He will.


No comments:

Post a Comment